Saturday 27 August 2011

Toy story review

Here's an animated movie review. This is the first completely computer generated film and is PIXAR's (My favourite animation studio) first feature film. This is the only PIXAR film in the uk to be rated PG and was released in 1995.

As far as I am concerned, TS in one of the best animated films ever made. I love PIXAR and I love the toy story films. Toy story has unbelievable amounts of charm to spare. I've always loved the idea of toys coming to life in films. This is tough at times, which is perhaps why I prefer the second. I prefer the first 2 to the third TS film. So many have seen this I don't need to recount the plot, which is very fine indeed.

Toy story is the very definition of a witty screenplay. It's a bold, tough powerhouse of a script that is extremely intelligent. Like the ingenious Picasso joke. The characters are some of the best ever. Such as the cute Bo Peep, the loyal Slinky dog, the shouty Sarge and his soilders, the wise cacking Hamn, the rude Mr Potato Head and the briliant Buzz lightyear and Woody. The characters are endlessly fun and Rex is the best. Randy Newman's music is super.

The film is exciting and entertaining, very fun, and has a very touching story. It's a delight to watch.

Verdict: Spellbinding, magical, thrilling and funny, this fantastic film is impossible to resist.
Final grade: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment